May 20, 2017
10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
This program includes:
- Theoretical foundations for understanding oneself as part of the family emotional system.
- Research describing impact and importance of what is transmitted over the generations.
- Resources and tools for developing & using family diagrams, historical timelines, and journaling.
- Resources for family research.
- Time to work on your own family diagram, timelines and journal.
- Plans for steps to accomplish.
- Time to address challenges and discuss progress.
Those recommended to attend include:
- Family members who are motivated to work on differentiation of self as the basis for change.
- Therapists who want their own experience as the basis for coaching others.
- Clergy who see steps toward differentiation of self as important in ministry.
- Consultants who bring Bowen theory and differentiation of self work to clients and organizations.
- Anyone who sees the importance of Bowen theory in their work with families or organizations.
Included in Registration:
- Family Diagram supplies
- Coffee and refreshments
- Lunch of salad and sandwiches
My Family My Self: A Journal of Discovery will be available for purchase (but is not necessary.)
This series is designed to support ongoing work on one’s own but you may attend one or all sessions.